The incumbent will work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Merchandising Teams, and will be responsible for all commercial and marketing activities for assigned brands, ensuring optimum Sales, Brand Equity, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Placement and Promotion, while enhancing the Company’s image as a preferred supplier in the Industry.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Formulates and implements annual marketing plans for assigned brands
- Develops the Division’s Private Label Brand through sourcing of items from the Far East and South America
- Develops orders for assigned brands on a monthly basis (inventory control)
- Develops purchasing forecasts for brands to share with Suppliers.
- Ensures costings of goods are done on a timely basis
- Works closely with the Supply Chain Planner/s to ensure timely and accurate execution of orders for assigned brands
- Conducts regular brand sales analysis to understand and document brand trends ensuring all required corrective actions are developed and implemented
- Manages the annual A&P budgets in collaboration with suppliers and Marketing Manager, ensuring that all expenses are accounted for and tracked
- Determines the Return On Investment (ROI) for all promotional activities with the use of sales data and promotional reports
- Submits all claims to suppliers in a timely manner and ensures reimbursements are received
- Monitors and reports on competitive activity in the trade including appropriate tactical initiatives to counteract such activity
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with Suppliers ensuring that all requested reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to specifications
- Ensures Displays and POS material are positioned in key areas with trade partners.
- Manages Inventory of POS material and Product displays both on and off trade.
- Monitors SLOBS at Distribution Centre on a monthly basis and implements measures to reduce stock levels.
- Ensures optimum Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Placement and Promotions of the assigned brands of key accounts
- Achieves and monitors monthly sales and gross profit targets in keeping with departmental objectives, implementing measures to address short falls
- Manages and keeps track of all promotional material
- Participates in periodic stock taking exercise at Distribution Centre.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline
- A minimum of two (2) years similar experience in a FMCG environment.
- Experience managing a Housewares and/or Large Appliance portfolio will be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong negotiating skills and good analytical skills
- Team player
- Strong presentation skills and good organizational skills
- Strong competitive spirit
Note: A vehicle is required for this position