We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in our Logistics Department.
This role is focused on providing assistance to the Customs unit to facilitate accurate and timely delivery of duty free goods, whilst ensuring efficient and accurate data entry, maintenance of filing systems and compliance with Customs Laws.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Input pertinent data into the ACE System as per set KPIs and verify data entry for accuracy and completeness.
- Import and input relevant data into the Asycuda System and verify calculations and HS Tariff Classifications.
- Compute formulas with respect to mass, weight, supply quantity, duty and Value Added Tax (VAT) as necessary, prior to data entry on ACE System.
- Photocopy and collate various customs forms and warehousing particulars and place in a systematic order for Customs submission.
- Register, Assess and Trigger selectivity of Customs documentation on the Asycuda System for Diplomats, Bond Transfers, SkyWay Vendors and A.S Bryden’s In Bond Shop.
- Identify Rotation based on Private Warehouse (PW) requirements.
- Locate and retrieve source documents and interpret data to be entered.
- Enter and update accurate “Tracking Status” of Customs entries in the ACE Software as required.
- Re-warehouse Rotations exceeding the Customs statutory time frame for warehoused goods.
- Scan warehousing particulars for all inbound shipments and disseminate to In Bond shop brokers.
- Maintain filing system for warehousing particulars, duty free customers and custom entry file copies for quick retrieval and updating.
- Update ACE System with changes relating to Value Added Tax, Caricom and Customs Duty Rates.
- Update Entry Accuracy Report as per set KPIs.
- Assist with the stripping of Customs documents.
- Record account balances of the Company’s On Line Payment System.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Five (5) CXC passes, including Mathematics and English
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a customs environment
- Familiarity with ACE and Asycuda Customs Software systems
- Minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute
- Strong data entry accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organization skills and multitasking ability
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable