We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in our Logistics Department.
This role is focused on ensuring compliance with Customs Warehousing laws and regulations and maintain accurate records of physical bonded stock.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Administer the daily operations of the Customs Bonded Warehouse. Allocate and assign bin locations for optimum occupancy.
- Administer the timely and efficient Registration of all bonded activities and maintain accurate registrar balances.
- Organize the accurate picking, packing, verification and delivery of duty free orders & duty paid transfers within specified time frames.
- Generate invoice, spirit removal certificate and prepare delivery note in accordance with Company delivery policy.
- Coordinate and arrange work schedule and access to the Customs Bonded Warehouse.
- Correlate Requisitions with Customs Entries to ensure data and documentation compliance for efficient transfer.
- Arrange and plan transportation schedules for duty free orders at minimal cost.
- Comply with Customs Warehousing Regulations as it pertains to the Private Warehouse Assignment for inbound cargo.
- Contribute to the Receiving team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Identify and report product irregularities for all warehoused shipments.
- Drive process adherence for the daily posting of bonded transactions.
- Contribute to maintaining Private Warehouse Rotation and product integrity.
- Conduct fortnightly bin integrity checks and make applicable system adjustments.
- Conduct physical counts on fast moving and high value items and report inventory balances to Logistics Supervisor.
- Prepare monthly reports on all items due to expire within a six month period.
- Ensure the premise is secured and the bonded warehouse meets Health and Safety standards.
- May operate forklifts and electric lifts to handle products and warehouse materials.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Five (5) CXC passes, two (2) of which must be English and Mathematics.
- Two (2) years’ experience in bonded warehousing operations.
- Customs Clerk Apprentice or Grade 1 Licence
- A valid Forklift Licence and ability to operate electric lifts.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications