We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in the Food and Grocery Division.
This role will be responsible for growing sales and profitability for the down trade channel by managing sub-distributors and identifying pre-sale opportunities for the specified brand.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manages the sub-distributors including but not limited to:
- Provides weekly stock availability report.
- Prepares monthly reports and schedules meetings to review performance and opportunities.
- Creates and maintains a customer database with all relevant information.
- Expands relationships of existing customers.
- Deploys and tracks POP.
- Ensures sub-distributors comply with contractual terms (RTM, quality, service, reporting, forecasting).
- Coordinates reimbursement of claims and credit notes on a monthly basis
- Identifies key opportunities, creating and sustaining new sales within the specified channel.
- Works closely with the Marketing team to develop and align on channel specific executions and implementation.
- Ensures necessary information is communicated to the sub-distributors, inclusive of but not limited to: new products, pricing, promotions, etc.
- Conduct regular sales analysis to understand trends ensuring all required corrective actions are developed and implemented.
- Monitors competitor activity at the trade level, providing insights/plans to drive competitive advantage.
- Audits the Down Trade regularly to ensure distribution and adherence of best practices.
- Audits, creates and maintains a database of all assets within the specified channel.
- Tracks, monitors and reports on the utilisation of all assets, re-assigning to customers as needed to ensure maximum efficiency and ROI.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Diploma or equivalent in Marketing/Sales or Business Administration
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar role in a FMCG environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good people management skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to multitask.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build productive relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.