We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in the Food and Grocery Division.
This role will be responsible for working closely with the Sales, Marketing, Promotions and Trade Marketing teams to ensure optimum Brand Equity, Sales, Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Placement and Promotion of the assigned brands and to enhance the Company’s image as a preferred supplier in the Industry.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Formulates and implements annual marketing plans for assigned brands
- Conducts regular brand analysis (quantitative and qualitative) to understand brand insights ensuring all required corrective actions are developed and implemented
- Manages the annual A&P budgets in collaboration with suppliers and Marketing Manager ensuring that all expenses are accounted for accurately.
- Determines the Return on Investment (ROI) for all promotional activities with the use of sales data and Promotional team reports.
- Works closely with Sales, Trade Marketing and Promotional teams to ensure that all in-store promotional activities are executed according to plan which includes conducting site visits and assisting with execution as required.
- Submits all claims to suppliers in a timely manner and ensures reimbursements are received within set performance.
- Provides continuous training and guidance and assistance as required on all existing and new brands to all teams.
- Monitors and reports on all competitive activity in the trade to assist with the development tactical initiatives to counteract.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders ensuring that all requested reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to specifications
- Works closely with the Supply Chain planners / to ensure timely and accurate forecasting and ordering of assigned brands in alignment with Purchasing Targets whilst managing pre-set stock covers.
- Monitors product expiration dates and damages of assigned brands in the Distribution Centre and implements measures such as specials to keep expiries at set minimum targets.
- Works closely alongside Trade Marketing to develop optimum planograms.
- Ensures optimum Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Placement and Promotions of the assigned brands trade-wide through weekly trade visits with relevant sales teams
- Pursues and monitors monthly sales and gross profit targets in keeping with departmental objectives, whilst implementing measures to address short-falls
- Works closely with the Promotions Team to keep track of promotional inventory. Manages and keeps track of all promotional material.
- Takes part in Division’s stock-taking process during key times of the fiscal year.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related discipline
- A minimum of two (2) years similar experience in a FMCG company
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong negotiation, planning and execution skills
- Strong analytical and forecasting competency
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong team player and resourceful problem solver with a competitive spirit