We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position at The Naughty Grape Duty-Free Store at the Piarco International Airport.
This role will be responsible for supervising the daily operations of Naughty Grape Duty-Free, providing best-in-class customer service daily, effectively managing inventory and pricing, supervising staff, balancing finances and providing administrative support.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Oversees all daily activities of the Store ensuring proactive, prompt, courteous and efficient in-store customer service, including advising customers on product purchases according to their needs
- Accountable for the inventory management process and ensures optimal inventory levels are maintained in-store at all times
- Prepares all reports and documentation required by Customs & Excise Division (including but not limited to the Customs Ledger, Incoming/Outgoing Sales Reports), AATT and any other entity for review by the Marketing Manager before submission.
- Ensures that detailed records are kept as it relates to visits by external parties including but not limited to Customs, Security, Suppliers, and Head Office Staff
- Develops and maintains a weekly roster to ensure adequate staffing for Naughty Grape, Duty-Free at all times whilst maintaining accurate records of staff as it relates to punctuality, attendance & overtime.
- Ensures that all daily financial transactions are balanced, accounted for and prepared for bank deposits
- Adheres to the Company’s cash-handling policies
- Acts as the first point of contact for handling challenging customer and staff issues
- Ensures the store is continuously well merchandised and in keeping the with agreed category layout and inclusive of price visibility.
- Supports the implementation of marketing plans and activities of the Premium Beverages Division
- Ensures preparation of daily performance dashboards and summary reports for submission to Premium Beverage Division and Finance Department.
- Prepares a report on the monthly activities of the other Duty-Free stores and other activities including price audits
- Ensures staff compliance with policies and procedures and consults with the Marketing Manager if any disciplinary action is required
- Fills in on the roster as required
- Manages all communication and transactions associated with Special Events as required
Knowledge & Experience:
- A Diploma in a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a retail sales environment
- Prior experience working in a Duty-Free environment would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good team player