To oversee the development of the Agency and a dynamic team of professionals, dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of service to all customers via all distribution channels (direct, group companies, supplier and purchaser networks) to ensure sustainable growth and development of business. The incumbent is also expected to continuously ensure compliance with all GenAc’s guidelines, manuals, and corporate policies.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Focuses on business development through the management of relationships with all customer segments the marketing of the Agency’s products and the development of new products
- Focuses on the fulfillment of new business partner relationships through the development of bespoke plans and products for their clients
- Sets and monitors sales objectives, provides strategies to increase sales and, keeps up-to-date with industry developments.
- Actively recruits Salespersons, Agents, and other significant business development partners for the profitable growth of the premium income
- Actively works with General Accident Insurance Company (Trinidad and Tobago) Limited (GENACTT) to develop growth opportunities for the Agency
- Monitors and measures the financial and operational performance of the Agency against strategic and operational goals.
- Communicates agency performance levels monthly including areas of concern to Management
- Continues to assess the performance and competencies of the team members, and provides training and retraining where necessary, in conjunction with the training team at GENACTT or external consultants where the expertise does not reside in-house or within the Group.
- Underwrites all lines of business, providing business proposals and plans for prospects.
- Manages the collection of premiums for all businesses (new and renewal) for which the unit is responsible
- Oversees and enforces the Claims Policy and procedures, protecting the interests of the insured parties while ensuring customer satisfaction
Knowledge & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of four (4) years’ combined experience in sales, marketing, business development, underwriting or claims with at least two (2) years at a supervisory level
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and any other related software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and use of initiative
- Effective verbal, listening, and, written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective time management skills
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and work under minimum supervision
- Must maintain a high level of trust and integrity
Note: A vehicle is required for this position