We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in the Inventory Audit Department.
This role is focused on ensuring integrity within the Company’s Distribution Centre and beyond to the wider distribution network. The incumbent will maintain a routine of various checks on activities performed and report to the Inventory Audit Team Lead on any non-conformance.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Conducts the following counts:
- Cycle Counts at both the Lapwing and Fernandes Warehouses
- Daily stock checks on random Van Sales Trucks and other daily counts as required
- Physical Counts on specific SKUs at both The Naughty Grape and Skyway Duty Free retail outlet(s)
- Bin Integrity checks at both the Lapwing and Fernandes Warehouses
- Random spot checks on DC Contracted Delivery trucks at both the Lapwing and Fernandes Warehouses
- For all the above counts:
- Analyses and computes variances in relation to the system stock
- Analyses variances to determine root cause and recommends solutions
- Prepares stock adjustment based on the requisite approval to adjust.
- Validates that Damaged and Expired products (all locations) are recorded and removed from the system in a timely manner.
- Assists the Inventory Audit Team Lead in the planning and co-ordination and execution of the Quarterly Stock Checks and related investigations and reporting.
- Makes necessary accounting adjustments for Stock Transfers for Van sales returned from trade, damaged and expired stock.
- Upholds the Company’s HSE policies and practices and ensures the work environment is healthy and safe.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Completion of CAT / ACCA Level 1 or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an accounting and/or audit environment
- Knowledge and experience with Inventory software, knowledge in WMS would be an asset
- Excellent investigative, problem solving and time management skills
- Access to a vehicle in good working condition will be an asset
- Team player
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical mind
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with little supervision
- Ability to work with staff at all levels