This role is is focused on ensuring integrity within the Company’s Distribution Centre and beyond to the wider distribution network. The incumbent will maintain a routine of various checks on activities performed and report to the Inventory Audit Team Lead on any non-conformance.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Conducts and reports on Bin Integrity checks at both the Lapwing and Fernandes Warehouses to ensure that both system quantities and lots are in sync with its physical items.
- Conducts and reports on daily Cycle Counts at both the Lapwing and Fernandes Warehouses in an effort to ensure accuracy of stock as guided by the Inventory Audit Team Lead.
- Conducts and reports on monthly Physical Counts on specific SKUs at both The Naughty Grape and Skyway Duty Free retail outlet(s) as guided by the Inventory Audit Team Lead.
- Executes daily stock checks on random Van Sales Trucks.
- Conducts random spot checks on DC Contracted Delivery trucks at both the Lapwing and Fernandes Warehouses
- Validates that Damaged and Expired products (all locations) are recorded and removed from the system in a timely manner.
- Assists the Inventory Audit Team Lead in the planning and co-ordination and execution of the Quarterly Stock Checks and related investigations and reporting.
- Investigates cycle count variances and recommends required adjustments and actions to reconcile records with physical stock on hand.
- Makes necessary accounting adjustments for Stock Transfers for Van sales returned from trade, damaged and expired stock.
- Upholds the Company’s HSE policies and practices and ensures the work environment is healthy and safe.
Knowledge & Experience:
- CAT / ACCA Level 1 or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an accounting and/or audit environment
- Knowledge and experience with Inventory software, knowledge in WMS would be an asset
- Excellent investigative, problem solving and time management skills
- Access to a vehicle in good working condition will be an asset
- Team player
- Keen attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with little supervision
- Ability to work with staff at all levels