The provision of guidance and support to the profitability chain of the Company through timely model based reporting, reconciliation of key balances, monitoring of margin-related indicators and the maintenance of reliable and accurate cost structures and pricing models, ensuring profit growth via sound decision making.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provision of inventory landing cost, and non-stock cost estimates for annual Budgets
- Review and reporting of product pricing and costs compared to planned profitability objectives, and reporting on significant deviations from Budget
- Maintenance of all non-stock and service item codes and cost-builds for system-based procurement and purchase order management
- Review of proposed deals and specials by Divisions and modelling of profitability impact for decision-making and price approvals
- Review of entries relating to banded offers to ensure accurate cost and volumes of parent and banded SKUs are adjusted in VAI
- Upload/input of approved prices and maintenance of all pricing tables in VAI
- Identification of slow-moving and near-expired products and recommendation for provisioning, discounts to sell, transfer to Commissary, or other suitable treatment
- Provide monthly analyses on Margin Leakages by Product Class, Customer and Sales Person
- Provide monthly analyses of damages and expiries from the Warehouse by location
- Reconciliation of inventory balances stored at third party locations, ensuring agreement with VAI, and investigation and resolution of any variances identified
- Monitor of all virtual stock locations.
- Preparation of all required inventory-related schedules and analyses for interim and year-end statutory external audits, and assistance with all inventory-related inquiries by external auditors
- Assistance with monthly profitability reports and variance analyses in support of management accounts (contribution, revenue and GP analyses by customer and product class)
- Assistance with Overhead, Selling and A&P Variance Analyses by Division for inclusion in monthly reporting package (product class, customer detail)
- Supervise, direct and review the work of direct reports within the Inventory Control Team to ensure the timely and accurate completion of costings, daily stock adjustments and cost adjustments.
- Supervise, direct and review the work of direct reports within the Inventory Audit Team to ensure physical stock counts and related system updates and reporting are completed in a timely manner.
- Analyse the root cause of variances and work with Key Stakeholders to resolve these root causes/variances
- Sound management of stakeholder needs via clear and timely communication, resolution of queries and escalation of issues as required
- Direct involvement in charting the professional development path of direct reports
- Making recommendations for promotion/training/improvement opportunities for team members
Knowledge & Experience:
- ACCA Qualified.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in inventory costing/management accounting roles
- Experience with integrated Accounting software package(s)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience with report building and variance analysis
- Strong organisation and administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to direct the work of others, lead and motivate direct reports and support the professional development of team members
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable