We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in the Hardware & Housewares Division.
This role is responsible for the execution of the demand planning and procurement activities of the Hardware & Housewares Division as well as seeking to continuously improve the company’s procurement strategies and demand and supply network.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Prepares the Inventory Order Control or Material Requirement Planning report for review by the Brand Team/Marketing Manager and Division Head and prepares and submits the approved purchase orders to suppliers.
- Ensures all purchase orders are submitted ahead of supplier deadlines and in line with Supply Chain Purchasing, Inventory & Supplier Policies
- Tracks all Orders USD & TTD on a weekly basis, showing weekly and accumulated purchases in conjunction with Logistics.
- Cultivates mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and references Service Level Agreements to ensure a high level of Supplier Delivery Performance
- Prepares reports for suppliers to improve planning and performance throughout the supply chain
- Participates in troubleshooting system failures and tracking implementation of corrective actions to ensure continuous improvement
- Participates in the determination of Optimal Order quantities, incoterms and timing of orders
- Monitors & reports on Supplier Delivery Performance (OTIF)
- Monitors inventory levels and reports anomalies and possible supply disruptions to the Marketing Manager and other relevant stakeholders in the Division.
- Participates in the on-going effort of SKU rationalization and data cleansing
- Produces and provides procurement forecasts as required
- Ensures the timely logging, expediting and tracking of open purchase orders and dissemination of weekly open-order status reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Develops and updates a Damages and Claims Report in conjunction with Logistics that is to be shared with Marketing Team and Director tracking all claims to ensure claims are honoured where applicable
- Proposes new initiatives that will help further optimize the efficiency and reliability of the supply chain
Knowledge & Experience:
- CIPS Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations (Level 3) or an Associate’s Degree in a similar field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Supply Chain experience in a FMCG environment would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with an ERP software would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to break a problem into components and identify root causes and drivers; ability to determine best problem solving techniques.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, capable of working within teams and in an autonomous environment; goal oriented with a customer-focused approach.
- Ability to work with and influence a variety of associates at varying levels of responsibility and functional expertise.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including report writing and presentation creation.