We are seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in the Food and Grocery Division.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the attainment of monthly predetermined Sales and Gross Profit quotas by efficiently supervising the distribution and sales of the Company’s products through the Van Sales and Distribution network system.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensures monthly sales and gross profit quotas are achieved for each Salesman on the assigned routes.
- Works along with assigned Van Sales and Distribution staff on their routes to implement management objectives.
- Conducts periodic route audits to ensure the customers on routes are visited and efficiently serviced.
- Ensures that sales staff adheres to the Company’s policy for customer accounts receivables.
- Identifies opportunities for sales and distribution growth, with new and existing customers.
- Ensures the visibility of the Company’s products in the trade through signage and other promotional initiatives as directed.
- Ensures that routes are properly serviced, providing efficient customer service and ensuring that good relationships with customers are maintained.
- Conducts random stock checks of distribution trucks to verify stock levels.
- Maintains up-to-date records of Van Sales and Distribution staff absenteeism
- Ensures the efficient dispatching of vehicles when required, with zero downtime where possible, and day-end procedures which include parking of vehicles.
- Minimizes loss of sales in the assigned area, by filling in for the Salesman in their absence.
- Oversees assigned Van Distribution fleet, ensuring proper upkeep of vehicles.
- Completes, evaluates and, submits sales reports in accordance with the Company and as per department requirements, which include but not limited to:
- File Zilla/RTM (Daily)
- Business Review by team (Quarterly)
- Customer Business reviews (As needed).
Knowledge & Experience:
- A Diploma level qualification or similar
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an FMCG Van Sales environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Auto Mechanics would be an asset
- Knowledge of geographical road networks of Trinidad & Tobago will be an asset
- Possession of a Valid Class 4 Drivers Permit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people
- Possession and use of a vehicle in good working condition